Meet your next fave summertime pasta! Egg pappardelle tossed in a luscious cream sauce with fresh, bursty summer veg and the best crispy pan-fried chicken. Here we goooo!
For the Chicken:
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut thin or pounded a bit so they cook quicker and more evenly
- 1/2 cup flour in a bowl with plenty of salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon DeLallo Private Reserve Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1–2 tablespoons butter
For the Pasta and Sauce:
- one 8.8 ounce package of DeLallo Egg Pappardelle
- 1–2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1–2 cup sweet corn, cut off the cob (about 2 ears)
- 1–2 cups zucchini half-moons (about 1 small zucchini)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan and/or 1/4 cup basil for topping
- Pasta: Cook the pasta according to package directions. Toss with oil and set aside.
- Make the sauce: Add your cherry tomatoes into a pan with oil. Cook the tomatoes until they are soft and burst under the gentle pressure of the back of a wooden spoon. Break the tomatoes to release their juices and make a thick sauce.
- Add the veggies: Add the corn and zucchini; sauté for a few minutes until the zucchini is softened. Stir in the garlic for your last minute of sautéing, just long enough to make your kitchen smell amazing. Add lemon juice, cream, and season with salt and pepper.
- Pan fry the chicken: While your veggies are softening, coat each chicken breast in flour mixture; shake off excess. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the butter after the oil heats up to prevent burning it. Add chicken pieces and cook for a few minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Put it together: Add pasta and toss gently to bring it all together. Serve topped with Parmesan, basil, and a nice piece of golden brown chicken.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Pan-fry
- Cuisine: Italian-Inspired
Keywords: pan-fried chicken, pappardelle, pasta and chicken