The creamiest morning coffee you’ve ever had! Made with just coffee, cashews, honey, and sea salt.
- 1 serving of strongly brewed coffee (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup cashews (roasted and unsalted is my favorite)
- 1 tablespoon honey (more or less to taste)
- a small pinch of coarse sea salt
- Blend all ingredients for about 45 seconds in a high-powered blender. Start on a lower speed and gradually work your way up, ending with about 15 seconds on a very high speed to ensure smooth and creamy texture. Pour into a mug and enjoy, or chill for later (see notes)!
Notes about cold vs. hot cashew coffee: Cashews straight out the package should blend just fine with hot coffee (although if you’re particular, just give them an overnight soak). If you want to a COLD cashew coffee, you have two options.
- Option 1) Blend everything while the coffee is hot and then chill it overnight in a jar with a lid. It will separate, so just give it a good shake in the morning and pour over ice and you’ll be good to go.
- Option 2) Soak your cashews in water for a few hours and give them a good rinse. Now they should blend up nicely with cold coffee – either cold press or just chilled brewed coffee.
I used very coarse flaked sea salt in this coffee, so just a word to the wise that it might not be best to put 1/2 teaspoon of regular table salt in the coffee! That will be way too salty. If using table salt, just start with a tiny pinch and taste and adjust from there.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cashew coffee, blender coffee, dairy-free coffee, coffee, cashews