Big, beautiful, bossy flavors ahead! Shiitake mushrooms and chicken wontons swim in a brothy flavor-filled sauce and get finished with a swirl of sesame oil and chili crisp on top. Yum!
Chicken Wontons with Spicy Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 14 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- one 12-ounce bag frozen wontons (I like the mini chicken cilantro ones from Trader Joe’s or Costco)
- 1–2 cups chicken broth (depending on how soupy you like it)
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1–2 tablespoons chili crisp
- green onions, sliced
- sesame seeds
- Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms; sauté until softened and yummy. Add garlic for the last minute or two of sautéing.
- Add the frozen wontons, chicken broth, and teriyaki sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes, with a lid on, until the wontons are heated through.
- Finish with remaining 2 tablespoons sesame oil, chili crisp, and top with sesame seeds and scallions.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Sauté
- Cuisine: Asian-Inspired
Keywords: chicken wontons, chicken wonton soup, wonton soup