Crispy baked tofu tossed with a 2-ingredient sweet, sticky, and spicy chili sauce!
Chili Crunch Tofu:
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- a pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup Yum Yum sauce (affiliate link)
- 1 tablespoon chili crisp (affiliate link)
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
Extras for Serving:
- 1 1/2 cups rice, uncooked (see notes for the cauli rice I like to make!)
- 1/4 cup green onions for topping
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepping the Tofu: Cut tofu in half so you have two even, flat pieces. Press the moisture out of the tofu, using paper towels or a towel. (The more water you remove, the faster it will crisp up in the oven, but I usually don’t spend more than 5-10 minutes here.) Cut tofu into cubes and transfer to a bowl. Add cornstarch, soy sauce, and olive oil. Toss gently to coat. It doesn’t have to be perfectly smooth, but just try to generally get all the pieces semi-covered.
- Prepare Rice: Cook rice according to package instructions.
- Bake the Tofu: Transfer to the baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes, stirring once or twice, to get the tofu evenly browned and crispy.
- Make the Sauce: Mix Yum Yum sauce and chili crisp in a small bowl.
- Mix Tofu and Sauce: When the tofu is done, toss it with several tablespoons of sauce, reserving sauce for topping.
- Serve: Serve with rice, on a salad, noodles, whatever you like. Dollop with extra sauce if you want, and top with green onions. OOO-eee this is good!
How to Make Cauliflower Garlic Rice: This is totally optional – just something I enjoy with this tofu if I can handle one extra sheet pan in the mix. On a separate sheet pan, add a bag of cauliflower rice. Drizzle with oil and season generously with salt. Add to the oven at the same time as the tofu; roast until very browned and flavorful, about 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add about 2 cups cooked rice directly to the pan, along with 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and a squeeze of lemon. Toss to combine, return to the oven for a minute to warm it all up, and you’re done!
Nutrition: The nutrition info below is only for the tofu and does not include rice.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Asian-Inspired
Keywords: baked tofu, spicy tofu, tofu bowl