Smoky, silky smooth, beyond creamy Chipotle Cashew Queso! Made with all pantry ingredients that you just toss in a blender. Top it on tacos, fajitas, nachos and more!
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 chipotle pepper canned in adobo (more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (more if your cashews are unsalted)
- optional, for more oomph: 1-2 tablespoons of the chipotle adobo sauce, or 1 teaspoon chili powder
- optional, for more cheeziness: 2-4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Blend everything together at a high speed until very smooth. Taste and adjust.
- Serve on tacos, fajitas, nachos, rice bowls, grilled chicken and veggies, with straight chips, really ANYTHING. It’s pure smoky, cheezy goodness.
- Category: Sauce
- Cuisine: Mexican-Inspired
Keywords: chipotle cashew queso, vegan queso, chipotle queso