Chipotle Quinoa Burgers – veggie burgers you’ll want to make again and again! Filling but not too dense, crispy but not crumbly, and with all the smokiness and yumminess with none of the meat.
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- one 14-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1–2 individual chipotle peppers (not the whole can)
- 1/2 teaspoon each: garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, cumin
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Quinoa: Cook quinoa according to package directions. Allow to cool.
- Mix: Place black beans, quinoa, chipotles, and spices, in a food processor. Pulse just a few times, enough to make the mixture sticky and well-mixed but not completely pureed. Ideally there will be some chunks of black beans still intact.
- Add egg and panko: Transfer mixture to a bowl. Using a spoon or your hands, mix with egg and panko. Form into 4 thick burgers.
- Fry burgers: Heat a generous swish of olive oil over medium high heat (nonstick pan works best here). Add burgers to the pan and fry for a few minutes on each side, flipping carefully to keep them intact, until they are golden brown and crispy on the outside.
- Serve: Serve on buns with spicy mayo, avocado, lettuce, tomato, pickled red onion, whatever suits your fancy!
Freezer Meal Version
- Pulse in a food processor:
1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa (about 1/2 cup uncooked)
1 14-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
1–2 individual chipotle peppers
1/2 teaspoon each: garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, cumin
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Form and freeze: Form into 4 large patties and freeze on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Once frozen solid, store in a bag or container.
- Baking Instructions: 350 degrees for 35 minutes
- Sautéing Instructions: Add oil and cook medium high for 10 minutes (flip halfway through)
- Final step: Serve on buns with spicy mayo, avocado, lettuce, tomato, pickled onions, and whatever else you like.
- Check out our full freezer meal posts with all recipes and instructions here!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: quinoa burgers, chipotle burgers, vegetarian burgers, healthy burger