This chocolate and sweet cream marble loaf is a perfect quick and easy snack, breakfast or dessert. And it’s so pretty, too!
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup milk (I used part milk, part heavy cream, because that’s what I do)
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/3 cup melted butter (or oil can work too)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 325. Grease a loaf pan with nonstick spray or parchment paper.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and sugar together in a medium bowl.
- Add the vanilla, sweetened condensed milk, milk, egg, and melted butter. Stir until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, reserving about ½ cup of the batter.
- Mix the cocoa powder with the remaining ½ cup batter and stir until combined. Pour the chocolate batter over the regular batter and marble with the tip of a knife, making “s” motions throughout the batter until the two batters are swirled together in a nice pattern.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean. Top each slice with butter or jam, or serve with coffee.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: marble loaf, chocolate marble loaf, marble bread