This super easy chopped apple quinoa salad has fresh grated apples, carrots, mixed greens, quinoa, almonds, and spicy apple chutney.
- 2 apple, grated or chopped (2 heaping cups)
- 2–3 large carrot, grated or chopped (2 heaping cups)
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds or walnuts
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup apple chutney – my favorite was an apple walnut variety
- chopped or whole mixed salad greens, like spinach or arugula (optional)
- salt to taste
- Prep the ingredients and allow to chill in the fridge. I’ve had best results with mixing when the quinoa is cool and crumbly instead of hot and sticky.
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and toss until well combined. Serve immediately, either plain, with chips, or on fresh greens.
If you want to eat this over several days, I would suggest keeping all the ingredients in separate containers in the fridge and then just mixing up individual servings when you’re ready to eat. It doesn’t stay fresh for more than a day.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Lunch
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: apple quinoa salad, apple chutney, quinoa salad