Cinnamon Streusel Pumpkin Coffee Cake with Maple Glaze! This recipe is super easy to make and it will feed a crowd! Perfect for a fall gathering!
For the cake:
- 1/2 cup salted butter, almost melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin
- 3 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon each cinnamon, ground ginger, allspice
- a pinch of nutmeg and ground cloves
For the topping:
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 6 tablespoons white sugar
- 6 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
For the maple glaze:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1–2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a square baking dish (see notes) with nonstick cooking spray or butter.
- With an electric mixer (or with a large spoon, like I did) mix the butter, brown sugar, pumpkin, and eggs together until smooth. Add the flour, baking powder, salt, and spices. Mix until just combined and pour into the prepared baking dish.
- To make the topping, mix all the ingredients together and crumble with your fingers until a fine-crumbed mixture forms. Sprinkle over the top of the cake.
- Bake for 45 minutes – a little longer if the middle isn’t quite set. The cake should be firm and puffy as pictured.
- For the topping, melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add the powdered sugar and stir it up – the butter will awkwardly soak into the sugar and that’s okay. Add the vanilla and maple syrup and stir it into a nice, smooth frosting, all while keeping it over medium low heat. If you need to, add a tiny bit more liquid to thin it out. When it’s smooth, drizzle over the cake.
The pan that I used for the pictured version was a really odd size – about a 6×11. If you have something close to that, that would work great but if not I’d go with a square pan. I would recommend 9-inch square baking dish.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin cake, cinnamon streusel pumpkin cake, maple glaze