This Cinnamon Sugar Zucchini Coffee Cake is so simple! It takes about 10 minutes to make and has two layers of cinnamon sugar. Mmm.
For the cake
- 1 1/3 cups brown sugar
- 1/3 cup oil (I used olive oil but Canola oil works too)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk (you can sub milk + vinegar, even almond milk!)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (I just eyeballed a little pinch)
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
For the topping
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Press or drain the excess moisture out of the zucchini shreds. Mix the cake ingredients in order given.
- Combine the topping ingredients with your fingers or in a food processor to make a crumbly topping. Pour half of the batter into a greased 9×13 cake pan. Cover with half of the crumbs. Repeat with the remaining batter and topping.
- Bake for 45 minutes. The top will be crunchy and textured and the cake will bounce back when you gently press it. And then it will be gone fast.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cinnamon sugar zucchini coffee cake, zucchini coffee cake, coffee cake recipe