These coffee cake muffins are super moist and full of cinnamon coffee cake flavor. Topped with a delicious cinnamon sugar streusel!
- scant 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 stick butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (more to taste)
- 1/2 stick cold butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine the flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter, sour cream or yogurt, and vanilla. Whisk the egg into the mixture; add the sugar and mix until well combined.
- Stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture until just moistened.
- For the struesel, combine the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt, and butter in a small bowl. Cut the butter into the sugar and flour until coarse crumbs form. You can also use a food processor for this.
- Spoon the batter into buttered and floured jumbo muffin tins, filling about 1/3 of the way. Sprinkle a heaping tablespoon of crumbs (or more for a thicker struesel layer in the middle) on top of the batter. Cover with more batter until 3/4 of the way full and sprinkle struesel crumbs over the top of each muffin. Bake for 15+ minutes, depending on the size of your muffin tins.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: coffee cake muffins, coffee cake, cinnamon coffee cake muffins