A bright, zippy, unexpectedly delicious couscous salad that’s packed with sweet potatoes, black beans, spinach, feta, and more – all tossed with a life-changing lime basil vinaigrette!
Couscous Sweet Potato Black Bean Salad
- 3/4 cup couscous
- 1 cup water
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced (about 3 cups)
- 1 14-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups baby spinach, cut into small pieces
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- half a red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios (optional)
Lime Basil Vinaigrette
- 1 bunch of fresh basil (1/2 cup packed)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- juice of 1–2 limes (to taste)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup water, if needed
- Pulse all dressing ingredients in a food processor until smooth-ish.
- Cook couscous in 1 cup water, according to package directions. Fluff with a fork and cool.
- Place sweet potatoes in a skillet with about 1/2 cup water and a sprinkle of salt. Cover and simmer until fork-tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Toss all ingredients together with dressing, season with salt and pepper, and serve! (OR, store each ingredient individually for salads throughout the week.)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: couscous salad, meal prep salad, large batch salad, sweet potato salad, basil dressing, healthy lunch prep