Couscous Summer Salad! Spiced couscous, juicy nectarines, crunchy cucumber, avocado, chickpeas, cherries, sweet corn, and mint. It’s sunshine in a bowl!
Couscous Salad Base:
- 1 cup couscous (uncooked)
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1/4 cups chicken or veggie broth, warm
- salt and pepper
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 pieces of fresh sweet corn, kernels cut off the cob
- 2 nectarines or peaches, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 avocado, cut into chunks
- 1/4 red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup pepitas, sunflower seeds, or something crunchy
- 2 cups arugula or spinach
- parsley / mint / basil / any herbs, really
- lemon juice, honey, olive oil for dressing
- Combine couscous, cherries, cumin, coriander, and salt and pepper in a bowl. Pour warm broth over everything and let stand until the couscous is cooked, about 5 minutes. Let it cool.
- Toss everything together and season to taste!
This keeps for about a day as leftovers, although keep in mind that the leftovers will be softer than the day before, obviously. If you want to make this farther in advance for meal prep or something like that, just prep all the elements separately and toss together just before serving.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: couscous salad, couscous summer salad, summer salad