Chicken Caesar Lasagna! A classic favorite but made with your favorite chicken caesar ingredients. Super simple for an easy dinner!
For the sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 ounces light cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Marzetti Simply Dressed Caesar Dressing
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
For the lasagna
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 3 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups chopped spinach or kale
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes packed in oil
- Melt the butter over medium high heat. Stir in the flour and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the milk, a little bit at a time, until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Whisk in the cream cheese, Parmesan, and Caesar dressing until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust as necessary.
- Cook the lasagna noodles according to package directions. Add the chicken to the sauce mixture and keep over medium low heat.
- Grease a 9×13 pan and preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Cover with 3 lasagna noodles. Top with 1/2 the chicken mixture, 1 1/2 cups kale, 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, and 1 cup mozzarella. Cover with 3 more noodles. Repeat layers, ending with another layer of noodles and the remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes covered with greased foil. Remove the foil and bake for another 5-10 minutes to brown the cheese. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
You can also divide this into more layers – just cook a few extra noodles and spread the filling out a bit more over 3 or 4 layers instead of just 2. You can also use the oven-ready noodles that don’t require boiling. However, I found it helpful to add a few tablespoons of water to the dish before baking if you do use them.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: chicken caesar lasagna, chicken lasagna, caesar lasagna