This Creamy Kale Pasta is fresh, easy, and DELICIOUS. Chewy bowtie pasta, coated in a light, salty, barely-creamy sauce, flecked with red pepper flakes and little bits of tender sautéed garlic kale.
For the Sauce:
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup packed parsley
- 1/4 cup packed basil
- 2 tablespoons capers or pitted olives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- juice and zest of half a lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the Pasta:
- 8 ounces farfalle
- 2 tablespoons butter or vegan butter
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks kale, stems removed, leaves chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup white wine, reserved cooking water, broth, or any combination
- lemon juice, red pepper flakes, and Parmesan to finish (omit Parmesan if vegan)
- Make the sauce: Pulse all sauce ingredients together until mostly smooth. (The sauce will be very salty. That’s okay, it’ll tone down once it mixes with everything.)
- Prep the pasta: Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Cook down the kale: While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the garlic; sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add the kale; sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add the wine, water, or broth; let it sizzle out for a minute.
- Finish: Add drained, cooked pasta and sauce. Toss to combine. Season to taste with Parmesan, lemon, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper. Fast, easy, yum.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: kale pasta, creamy kale pasta, vegetarian pasta, vegan pasta