This Creamy Red Pepper Pasta is seriously delicious and seriously vegan! Perfectly chewy rigatoni, blistered juicy tomatoes, a creamy-but-cream-less roasted red pepper sauce, all sprinkled with fresh chives and basil.
- 1 lb. rigatoni (DeLallo brand)
- 2–3 cups cherry tomatoes
- a quick swish of olive oil (DeLallo brand)
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 large roasted red pepper (DeLallo brand – not a whole jar, just one, or if you’re using sliced red peppers, about 1/2 cup)
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- chives and basil for topping
- Pasta: Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Tomatoes: Preheat the broiler. On a baking sheet, toss cherry tomatoes with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Broil for 10-15 minutes until very roasty.
- Sauce: Meanwhile, blend up your sauce ingredients in a blender until *very* smooth and creamy. Pour over hot cooked pasta (off heat) and stir to mix – it should cling well to the pasta.
- Serve: Serve with tomatoes over the top, as well as herbs and more salt and pepper.
The sauce thickens when you reheat it, so be prepared to just add more water if you’re eating leftovers.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: roasted red pepper pasta, vegan pasta, cashew pasta, tomato pasta, pasta with tomatoes