This creamy tomato balsamic soup is a simple, sophisticated alternative to condensed tomato soup. Perfect with bread and cheese!
- 2 cups beef broth
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 8 garlic cloves
- 4 (28-ounce) cans whole tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup half-and-half (or heavy cream)
- Cracked black pepper
- Combine 1 cup of broth, sugar, vinegar, and soy sauce in a small bowl. Place onion, garlic, and tomatoes in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray. Pour broth mixture over tomato mixture. Bake at 500° for 50 minutes or until vegetables are lightly browned.
- Place tomato mixture in a blender. Add remaining 1 cup broth and half-and-half, and process until smooth. Strain mixture through a sieve into a bowl; discard solids. Garnish with cracked black pepper.
- Serve with bread and cheese!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: tomato soup, tomato balsamic soup, creamy tomato soup