Crunchy Roll Bowls! A block of tofu, nicely browned in teriyaki sauce, served on a bed of sticky rice with edamame, cucumber, avocado, jalapeño, and a handful of crushed-up crunchy onions, buried under a thick drizzle of extra teriyaki and spicy mayo.
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 2 cups frozen shelled edamame
- 1 cucumber, finely diced
- 1 avocado, cut into chunks or slices
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- swish of neutral oil
- 1/2 cup teriyaki or savory-sweet Asian-inspired sauce (I used the store-bought Soy Vay brand – you could also make your own)
- 1/2 cup crunchy fried onions, crushed (like the kind you put on green bean casserole from the store!)
- spicy mayo (see notes)
- Prep the tofu: Press the water out of the tofu.
- Make the rice: Cook rice according to package directions.
- Prep the edamame: Cook edamame according to package directions.
- Cook the tofu: Cut the tofu into cubes. Heat a little oil over medium high heat. Add the tofu and fry until golden brown. Add about 1/4 to 1/3 cup of sauce – just enough to coat the tofu – and stir fry again until golden brown.
- Serve: Assemble bowls with rice, tofu, more teriyaki sauce, edamame, cucumber, crunchy onions, and spicy mayo.
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products we use and love!
To make spicy mayo: Mix 2-3 tablespoons sriracha with 1/4-1/2 cup mayo. Adjust ratios on personal preference!
- Category: Bowl
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Japanese-Inspired
Keywords: sushi bowl, tofu bowl, crunch roll bowl, crunch roll, vegetarian sushi