Cucumber Agua Fresca! Cucumber, lime, mint, lemongrass, sugar, and honey. The perfect tart + fresh summery drink!
- 3 small cucumbers, cut into chunks
- 10 fresh basil leaves (or mint!)
- 2 whole limes, unpeeled and cut into quarters
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass paste or fresh lemongrass (can also use ginger)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cups water + an additional 2 cups water later
- ice for serving
- Blend the cucumbers, basil, limes, lemongrass, sugar, honey, and 2 cups water together until smooth-ish.
- Using a fine mesh strainer to catch all the pulp, pour the agua fresca into a pitcher. Discard pulp.
- Mix an additional 2 cups water into the pitcher. Store in the fridge and serve over ice! SO GOOD.
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products we use and love!
For two people, we usually drink half of our batches that evening, and then keep the rest in the fridge and finish it the next night! Use best judgment in terms of food safety with your extras, as unpasteurized juices (especially ones that are not served fresh) can be unsafe for certain people.
Potentially unpopular opinion? But I like to leave the WHOLE lime in the juice because the rind and pith of the lime gives a bitterness to the finished agua fresca that I think is so, so delicious. (Reminds me of this pie.) Also, since I don’t add alcohol to mine, this helps it feel slightly more like a cocktail. 🙂 If you’re not a fan of any bitter flavor, just use lime juice instead of whole limes.
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Blender