This creamy, pureed curry roasted red pepper and eggplant soup is healthy and full of flavor. Perfect for dipping with bread or sandwiches.
- 4 small/medium eggplant (or 2 large)
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced,
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons tahini or natural peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- optional: 2 tablespoons cream, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, cayenne for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 450. Chop red peppers and eggplant. Cover a baking sheet with tinfoil and spray with nonstick spray. Put vegetables on baking sheet and sprinkle with salt. Roast for 25-30 minutes.
- Saute onion with oil until translucent. Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Add broth, tahini, and spices. Add roasted vegetables. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a blender. Puree until soup reaches desired consistency. Stir in cream and/or lemon juice. Sprinkle with cayenne and serve with warm bread.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Thai-Inspired
Keywords: curry red pepper soup, eggplant soup, red pepper soup