Lemon Pappardelle with Shrimp! Creamy, lemony, silky pasta piled high in a bowl with buttery shrimp and freshly cracked black pepper. Everything you need for date night! ❤️
- 1 lb. uncooked shrimp
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh garlic, grated (less than one clove)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup white wine (I usually eyeball it)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1–2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 8 ounces pappardelle or fettuccini pasta (egg pasta or fresh pasta – yum)
- freshly grated black pepper
- Pasta: Cook according to package directions (add a big pinch of salt to your water for better-tasting pasta). Drain and reserve some water. Toss pasta with olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Sauce: Melt 2-3 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add the garlic; sauté for 1-2 minutes (do not brown the garlic). Add the wine; let it sizzle out for a few minutes. Add the cream; bring to a simmer. Add the lemon juice, salt, and optional Parmesan; bring down to low heat.
- Shrimp: Pat shrimp dry with paper towels. Heat one tablespoon of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shrimp, season with salt, and flip when pink (1-2 minutes per side). Cover with foil and set aside.
- Assemble: Toss your pasta with the warm sauce. Serve alongside a pile of fresh, juicy, hot, buttery shrimp. Serve with freshly cracked black pepper and little wedges of lemon. Ooooh baby.
Shrimp: Tail off, tail on – either works. I usually look for the larger size (16-20 per pound).
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Sauté
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: date night pasta, lemon pasta, shrimp pasta, date night recipe, lemon shrimp