Dynamite Sushi Bowls! just like a dynamite roll, but easier and healthier with tofu, avocado, cucumber, ginger, brown rice, and spicy mayo. Vegetarian / easily made vegan.
- 12 ounces extra firm tofu
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons agave
- 1 clove minced garlic
- white or brown rice
- sesame seeds
- greens – I used microgreens
- pickled ginger
- soy sauce + wasabi for topping
- sriracha + mayo for the spicy mayo drizzle
- TOFU: Press the tofu to eliminate excess moisture. Cut into small cubes and marinate in the soy sauce, vinegar, agave, and garlic while you prep the veggies and other ingredients.
- BOWLS: Prep all the veggies, rice, and toppings.
- TOFU AGAIN: Heat a little bit of oil in a skillet. Drain off excess marinade and add tofu to the hot pan, shaking or stirring gently every so often to keep it from over-browning. When the tofu is browned, add to the bowls and serve.
- ASSEMBLY: Divide the tofu, rice, and veggies into bowls. Top with soy sauce, spicy mayo, sesame seeds, and pickled ginger!
For a vegan version, use a vegan-approved sub for the mayo such as store bought vegan mayo or a homemade version using tofu, etc.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Asian-Inspired
Keywords: vegan sushi, vegan sushi bowl, vegetarian sushi