Chili Lime Fish Tacos – these are so easy, it will blow your mind. 5 basic ingredients for the fish, and a quick peach salsa to add some color and flavor.
For the Chili Lime Fish:
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- juice of one lime
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 12 ounces Australis Barramundi (can be purchased at Costco or find your store here)
For the Peach Salsa:
- 1 peach, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- half a jalapeño, seeded and minced
- lime juice and salt to taste
Other Taco Essentials:
- corn tortillas
- mayo for a quick sauce (see notes)
- avocado, lime, or other toppings
- CHILI LIME FISH: Defrost the fish by soaking it in the packaging in cold water for about 15 minutes. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Whisk the butter, lime juice, chili powder, garlic powder, and salt together. Place the fish in a small oven-safe dish, pour sauce over the top, and bake for 15 minutes. Remove fish from the oven, flake into small pieces, and toss with any sauce left in the pan. Bake for another 5 minutes so the sauce soaks into the fish.
- PEACH SALSA: Toss all ingredients together.
- TACOS: Assemble, layer, load it up, squeeze more lime over the top, and DEVOUR.
For a nice quick little sauce, reserve 1-2 tablespoons of the chili lime sauce and mix with mayo or sour cream. Drizzle this sauce over the top of your tacos.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: fish tacos, fish recipe, taco recipe