This easy whole wheat pizza dough is seriously foolproof. Just a few ingredients to a soft inside, crispy outside, healthier pizza crust.
- 1 1/4 cup white flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoon yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup warm water (not boiling hot, but warm)
- 1 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Combine the white flour, yeast, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add the oil and warm water to the mixture and combine with an electric mixer. Mix on high speed for several minutes until a soft, elastic dough forms.
- Stir in the whole wheat flour gradually, by hand. When it’s all incorporated, you should be able to easily pick up the dough and knead it gently until you get a soft dough ball. I did this right in the bowl – that’s the benefit of a large mixing bowl! 🙂
- Set aside in a warm place and cover with plastic wrap or even just a dish towel. Let the dough rise for about 10-15 minutes.
- Roll out the dough into two 12-inch circles. Poke with forks to prevent bubbling (optional). Place on a baking sheet or if you’re really fancy and cool, a pizza stone. You can add toppings and then bake for about 12-15 minutes, or you can just bake the crust ahead of time and add your toppings later. I liked it best when I baked it with the toppings on it.
If you’re baking the crust with the toppings on it, turn the broiler on for the last few minutes of baking to get a lightly crispy outside crust.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: homemade pizza dough, whole wheat pizza dough, easy pizza dough