This Eggnog French Toast is so simple – just four ingredients to make the batter! Topped with a homemade raspberry sauce.
For the Eggnog French Toast
- 10 slices King’s Hawaiian Bread
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups eggnog
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
For the Raspberry Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch dissolved in 1 tablespoon cold water
- Set the bread slices out on a plate overnight to dry out. If you don’t have time or you’re making this on short notice, that’s okay – this isn’t essential, but it helps the texture.
- For the raspberry sauce, heat the raspberries, water, and honey in a small saucepan over low heat. When the mixture resembles a thin sauce and is slightly bubbling around the edges, add the dissolved cornstarch and water and stir to combine. Continue to heat for a few minutes so that the cornstarch thickens the sauce just slightly. Remove from heat and let stand while you prep the French Toast. If you want a thicker sauce, add more cornstarch.
- Whisk the eggs, eggnog, flour, vanilla, and cinnamon together until mostly smooth. Preheat a griddle over medium high heat (about 400 degrees). I always use my Griddler for French toast – it has the temperature dials right on the side and it makes it super easy to get that even golden brown color. Highly recommend!
- When the griddle is hot, place a small pat of butter on it to melt. Dip each slice of bread in the egg mixture and flip back and forth several times to fully saturate. Place the dipped bread on the hot, buttered skillet and fry for 5-8 minutes, flip once, and fry for another 5 minutes or until both sides are evenly golden brown.
- Plate the individual slices of French toast and top with the raspberry sauce, whipped cream, maple syrup, powdered sugar, or any other fun + yummy thing that you like.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: french toast, eggnog french toast, french toast recipe, raspberry recipe