Elote Quinoa Salad made with velvety peppers confit, juicy sweet corn, homemade dressing, cotija cheese, lime, and spices. Perfect for summer and so, so good!
- 1 cup Simple Nature Organic Quinoa, uncooked
- 5 ears sweet corn, cut off the cob
- 1 can Simply Nature Organic Black Beans, rinsed
- 1 package mini sweet peppers, sliced into small rings (about 2–3 cups)
- olive oil for cooking
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup Burman’s Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon Stonemill Chili Powder
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- juice and zest of two limes
- Pueblo Lindo Grated Cotija Cheese for topping
- Cook quinoa and prep ingredients.
- Drizzle a generous amount of olive oil in a skillet and add the pepper rings. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes or until very soft and roasty-looking. Squeeze a little lime juice in the pan to lift all the browned bits off the bottom of the pan when you’re done! More flavor!
- Whisk up the dressing ingredients. Taste and adjust. It’s okay if it’s super salty – it’s going on a bunch of raw, unseasoned ingredients so we want it to have lots of flavor!
- Toss ingredients or arrange in a bowl just before serving (quinoa, corn, beans, peppers, cilantro, and topped with dressing and cheese). Serve with grilled chicken, dip with chips, or on its own as a meal!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Toss
- Cuisine: Mexican-Inspired
Keywords: elote quinoa salad, elote salad, elote recipe