Extra Fudgy Coconut Oil Brownies made with just five simple ingredients – super thick, super fudgy, and a great way to use coconut oil!
- 3/4 cup coconut oil (measured while solid)
- 4.5 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Melt the coconut oil and the chocolate over very low, gentle heat.
- Whisk the chocolate mixture in a bowl with the brown sugar. Whisk in the eggs until the mixture thickens, about 30 seconds. Stir in the flour and salt until just combined. The mixture will be oily and heavy.
- Pour into a 9-inch square baking dish (mine was glass) and bake for 25-28 minutes. There may be a small amount of oil sitting on top or around the edges of the brownies – that’s okay – it will reabsorb when you take them out of the oven. The less time you bake for, the more fudgy the brownies will be.
- Let the brownies cool for a few hours or overnight for the most clean cut pieces (but let’s be honest – you better break into those while they’re still warm). The brownies should be fudgy and dense and delicious, almost like a cross between traditional brownies and little pieces of fudge.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: fudgy brownies, brownie recipe, coconut oil brownies