- 1 box rice Chex cereal (about 10 cups)
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar (more as needed / desired)
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter at 30 second intervals until smooth and melted.
- Stir in the vanilla and salt.
- Pour chocolate over cereal – this recipe makes a very large batch so I do this in two big bowls.
- Use a wooden spoon to gently mix the cereal with the chocolate, being careful not to break the cereal.
- Place the powdered sugar in the bottom of a paper grocery bag. Pour the chocolate coated cereal over the top of the powdered sugar (yes, just dump it right in). Shake the bag gently to coat all the peices with powdered sugar.
- Transfer to a couple of baking sheets, or just lay it out on parchment paper to cool and set. I highly recommend storing this in the freezer for the best clustering and most satisfying crunch!
If the paper bag is weirding you out, that’s fine – just use a couple plastic Ziplock bags instead. (They are smaller so you’ll need to work in several small batches.)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes