Farmer’s Market Pasta! Vegan, summer veggie-loaded pasta with roasted garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, and a big dollop of herby walnut pesto. THE BEST.
Farmers’ Market Pasta:
- 8 ounces pasta (half of a box of farfalle, rigatoni, penne, whatever you like)
- 6 cups fresh, seasonal veggies (see notes)
- 3 cloves garlic
- a drizzle of olive oil
- salt to taste
Vegan Walnut Pesto:
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups tightly packed basil leaves (you can sub other greens if you don’t have enough basil)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 very small clove of garlic
- juice of 1 lemon (just use half if it’s really juicy)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Veggies: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Arrange the veggies on a rimmed baking pan. Toss with a little bit of olive oil and salt.
- And Roasted Garlic: Peel your garlic cloves. Place them in the center of a small piece of foil, drizzle with a little oil, and wrap it up. Place on the baking pan. Roast everything for 20-30 minutes (depends on what kind of veggies you’re using). When done, mash the roasted garlic so it makes a paste.
- Walnut Pesto: While the veggies roast, pulse pesto ingredients in a food processor.
- Pasta: Also while the veggies roast, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, toss with oil, and set aside.
- Toss: Toss your noodles with the roasted garlic and veggies. Serve with a scoop of the pesto. Eat it all hot or cold. YUM.
Veggies: I use about 2 cups cherry tomatoes, 2 cups chopped asparagus, and 2 cups sliced mushrooms. All from the farmers’ market! Certain veggies will obviously cook in more or less time, so play it by ear.
Pasta Doneness: I recommend a softer, more well-cooked noodle in this recipe!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: farmers market pasta, vegan pasta, vegan pesto