These Apple Muffins are EVERYTHING. Wholesome and nutritious, moist and dense, perfectly but not overly sweet, and honestly divine with a little butter and honey.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 8 medjool dates, pitted (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1–2 apples, grated (about 1–2 cups total)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of sea salt and/or cinnamon (optional)
- coconut / seeds / nuts / butterscotch chips (optional, for topping)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients in a blender until a chunky batter comes together.
- Pour batter into a greased or lined muffin tin. Sprinkle with butterscotch chips. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until the tops gently spring back when you press into them.
- Sprinkle warm muffins with sea salt if you’re into that kinda thing. Serve warm or cold ALL DAY LONG. ♡
For a sweeter muffin, add a little more maple syrup.
Bake times and textures will vary by batch, because every apple is different! I use Honeycrisp apples which are very sweet and juicy, and I don’t drain out the liquid or anything before adding them into the batter. Just know that each batch will be a little unique, and watch your bake time, adding minutes as necessary to get them baked to perfection!
The longer you blend them, the more “smooth” and puffy they will be. Less blending = a more textured, dense muffin. I like them both ways!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy apple muffins, apple muffin recipe, sugar free apple muffins