This Filipino Pancit recipe comes from the orphanage that I worked at for a year in Cebu. It’s my all-time favorite Filipino recipe!
- 2 lbs. uncooked noodles – this version used a combination of pancit and vermicelli
- 4 cups sliced mixed veggies: cabbage, carrots, bell peppers, and green onions
- 1 lb. lean pork, cut into very small pieces
- ½ cup oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 pork bouillon cube
- 6 cups water
- Soak the vermicelli in water for about 5 minutes or until soft.
- Brown the pork in the oil with the soy sauce, garlic, and onion.
- Add the water and bouillon cube to the pork and bring to a low simmer. Add the vegetables and cook for 5-10 minutes. Add the uncooked pancit noodles and soaked vermicelli. Simmer over low heat until the noodles soak up all the broth.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Filipino
Keywords: filipino recipe, filipino pancit, pancit, filipino noodles