This Five Ingredient Green Pasta Salad is fresh, healthy and delicious with just five simple ingredients. New favorite? Yes!
- 2 cups cooked small tubular pasta
- 2 cups chopped green beans
- 2 cups shredded spinach
- 1 jar Oliviers and Co. basilic – basil and olive oil spread
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- salt to taste
- fresh lemon juice to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup Oliviers and Co. olive & basil oil
- ¼ cup Oliviers and Co. organic balsamic vinegar
- Toss the cooked pasta with a little olive oil to prevent it from sticking (and to make it extra yummy). Heat a little bit of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the green beans and the garlic cloves (if using, which I recommend because it’s delicious) and saute quickly just until the garlic is fragrant and the green beans turn bright green and tender. Toss the green beans and garlic with the pasta. Place in the fridge to cool for 15-20 minutes otherwise you’ll wilt the spinach.
- When the pasta is cool, add the spinach, basil and olive oil spread, Parmesan, and salt. Toss, taste, and adjust as necessary. I like to serve each individual portion with a drizzle of the O&Co. olive oil and a splash of balsamic if you like a little tang in there.
I’ve also added bacon, tomatoes, chickpeas, fresh basil leaves, and other ingredients to jazz this up and use up whatever ingredients I have on hand – customize away! Also, for my vegheads out there, just replace or omit the Parmesan with a vegetarian-approved cheese.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian-Inspired
Keywords: green pasta salad, pasta salad recipe, healthy pasta salad