These overnight oats have flax, blueberry, and vanilla yogurt to make them creamy, nutty, and the best healthy breakfast you’ll ever eat.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats OR quick oats
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup lowfat vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon flaxmeal
- 1 baby pinch of salt
- blueberries, pecans, brown sugar, and other goodies for topping
- In an individual food storage container, add the ingredients in the order listed (except for toppings). Do not stir. Refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, stir up the mixture; it should be thick and the oats should be completely soft. Add the toppings of your choice. Repeat forever.
The different varieties of oats affect the texture, so if you like a thicker, chewier texture go for rolled oats and if you prefer something softer and creamier, go for quick cooking oats.