Freezer Meal Beef Stew! Served with crusty bread and a green salad? YES. just 6 ingredients, 45 minutes, and done.
- 2 lbs. beef chuck, fat trimmed, cut in small-ish pieces
- 1 medium onion, sliced thinly
- 6 stalks celery, sliced diagonally
- 6 carrots, sliced diagonally
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cans tomato juice (about 1 cup)
ADD AFTER COOKING:
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch in 2 tablespoons water
INSTANT POT: From frozen, 30 minutes on high pressure + 10 minutes natural release.
SLOW COOKER: From thawed, 5-6 hours on high.
FINAL STEP: After cooking in Instant Pot, turn on saute function. Add cornstarch slurry. Cook for a few minutes until slightly thickened. (If using a slow cooker, add cornstarch when it’s done and let thicken for 30 minutes.)
You can freeze the tomato juice with the rest of the ingredients or add it right before cooking. Both ways work great!
This recipe takes up quite a bit of space, so it works best when divided between two 7-cup glass containers, or stored in a plastic bag.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Pressure Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: freezer meal beef stew, beef stew recipe, freezer meal beef recipe