Freezer Meal Detox Crockpot Lentil Soup – a nourishing and easy soup recipe made with onions, garlic, carrots, kale, olive oil, squash, and lentils. Vegan / vegetarian / gluten free and SUPER delicious!
- 2 cups chopped butternut squash, fresh or frozen
- 2 cups mirepoix, fresh or frozen
- 1–2 cups chopped potatoes, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup uncooked brown lentils
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence (or other spices you like)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- 4–5 cups vegetable or chicken broth
ADD AFTER COOKING:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1–2 cups kale, finely chopped
INSTANT POT: From frozen, 15 minutes on high pressure + 10 minutes natural release.
SLOW COOKER: From frozen, 6 hours on high.
FINAL STEP: Stir in olive oil and kale. (If you made this in the Instant Pot, some of the vegetables should break down just enough to make the soup creamy! If you made this in the slow cooker, blend a little bit of the soup with the olive oil to make a creamy base.) Finish with a splash of lemon juice or red wine vinegar.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Pressure Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: freezer meal lentil soup, healthy lentil soup, lentil soup recipe