Freezer Meal Wild Rice Soup! Just freeze in a bag and add to the Instant Pot. So creamy and simple. Perfect for fall/winter nights!
- 3 cups mirepoix, fresh or frozen
- 8 ounces mushrooms, fresh or frozen
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice (the REAL stuff, not a blend)
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning (or spices like sage, thyme, and rosemary)
- 1 lb. chicken breasts (optional)
ADD AFTER COOKING:
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
INSTANT POT: From frozen, 30 minutes on high pressure + 10 minutes natural release.
SLOW COOKER: From frozen, 4 hours on high.
FINAL STEP: Melt butter, whisk in flour, whisk in milk until creamy and thick. Add to the soup. Add extra water to thin to desired consistency.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Pressure Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: freezer meal wild rice soup, wild rice soup, freezer meal soup