Blueberry Peach Cake recipe uses simple ingredients, is whole wheat, and has a STUNNING presentation. YUM!
- 8 tablespoons salted butter
- 3/4 cup coconut palm sugar (or regular sugar)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1–2 peaches, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8-inch circular cake pan with parchment paper.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until combined. Add the eggs and vanilla – beat until eggs are well incorporated.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Stir or mix just until combined. Transfer batter to the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Arrange the peach slices in a circle on top of the batter. Arrange the blueberries over the top of the cake. Sprinkle the top with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes. It probably won’t be done yet, but better to check it early. 🙂 Bake for another 10-15 minutes until the cake springs back when touched. Remove from the oven, lift the cake out of the pan using the parchment paper, and cool for a few minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, slice, and serve!
The texture of this cake as written is different than a traditional cake – it’s almost more like a cornbread or a bran muffin because of the whole wheat pastry flour. Be careful not to overbake as it can start to dry out – I like to leave it just barely underbaked (about 30 minutes) and then allow it to finish cooking as it rests on the counter.
Swap 4 tablespoons of butter for Greek yogurt to make this a feel-good breakfast cake!
Swap other sugars and all purpose flour – should work fine (I’ve made several variations of this recipe with different flours and sugars and they all do fine). I would increase the amount of flour to 1 1/2 cups if using regular all purpose flour.
Cover the top as completely as possible with the thin peach slices. The thinner slices sit nicely on top and the more you cover it, the less the batter will rise up in between the fruit pieces.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: blueberry peach, blueberry cake, peach cake, summer dessert