Garlic Butter Capellini Pomodoro with Shrimp – simple prep, easy ingredients: capellini pasta, shrimp, garlic, butter, basil, and fresh tomatoes. Ready in 30 minutes!
- 1 lb. large shrimp
- salt, pepper, and olive oil for the pan
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 cups diced fresh tomatoes or halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, cut or torn into small pieces
- salt to taste
- 8 ounces DeLallo capellini
- Parmesan cheese for topping
- SHRIMP: Heat a swish of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Cook until pink, about 2 minutes per side. Remove shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- GARLIC BUTTER POMODORO SAUCE: In the same pan, heat just a tiny bit more oil over medium low heat and toss the garlic in. Saute for a minute or two until it smells amazing. Add the tomatoes and broth and simmer for 10-ish minutes. The tomatoes will start to become saucy, and gradually that sauce will start to thicken. This is good.
- CAPELLINI: Cook according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- ALL TOGETHER NOW: Add the butter and basil to the thickened sauce and stir to combine. If it needs thickening, let it hang out on low heat for just a little while longer. Season to taste. When the sauce is ready, add the shrimp back in. Serve the sauce over top of the pasta with a little Parm, salt, and pepper.
Pro Shrimp Tip: sometimes I borrow a clove of minced garlic from the sauce ingredients and toss it in the pan with the shrimp for next level garlic flavored shrimp.
For serving, you can mix everything together but I found that it just looked prettier with the sauce on top.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: garlic butter capellini, pasta with shrimp, pomodoro sauce