Garlic Butter White Wine Shrimp Linguine! Linguine noodles tossed with parmesan, parsley, and shrimp sautéed in garlic butter sage white wine sauce. YES.
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 lb. linguine
- 1 1/2 lb. jumbo raw shrimp
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup minced fresh sage
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- One-Pot Pasta: Heat two tablespoons butter in a large pot over high heat. Add half of the garlic and sauté, stirring constantly, for one minute. Add the broth and water; bring to a boil. Add the pasta and boil until the pasta is cooked. Lower the heat and simmer until most of the liquid is absorbed. Do not drain – there should be some liquid left in the pan to help coat the noodles.
- Cook the Shrimp: While the pasta is cooking, heat two tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shrimp and saute for 1-2 minutes on each side until the shrimp are almost cooked through.
- Build That Garlic Herb Flavor: Add the garlic, sage, and white wine to the shrimp pan. Let the shrimp cook for another 3-5 minutes or until most of the wine has evaporated and the shrimp are lightly browned on the outside. Remove from heat and set aside. Cover so the shrimp stays warm.
- Finish: Add the shrimp, whipping cream, Parmesan, and parsley to the cooked pasta. Toss everything together and finish with a squeeze of lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
The equipment section may contain affiliate links to products we know and love.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: shrimp linguine, linguine recipe, garlic butter shrimp, shrimp recipe