This truly is a wonderful springy gem! Bucatini noodles in a garlic-infused creamy sauce and twirled around buttery bits of asparagus and peas. SO GOOD!
- 1/2 pound of DeLallo Bucatini Pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- half a bunch of asparagus, ends trimmed and sliced diagonally (about 1 1/2 cups once cut)
- 4 cloves garlic, grated
- 3/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- half of a bag of frozen peas (about a heaping cup)
- zest of one lemon
- lemon juice to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- some golden crispies aka breadcrumbs for topping (see notes for a shortcut)
- Cook pasta to al dente according to package directions.
- Melt butter over medium heat. Add asparagus and cook for 5 minutes, until soft and bright green. (You’ll simmer the asparagus a bit longer in the sauce, so it’s okay if it’s still a little firm.)
- Add garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add broth and heavy cream; bring to a low simmer. Once it thickens into more of a sauce, add in the frozen peas for the final few minutes of cooking. Season with the lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, and pepper.
- Toss the sauce with the pasta; keep it all over low heat for a few minutes so the pasta and the sauce really come together. Let stand for a few minutes if necessary for everything to thicken and the sauce to really cling on to the pasta. Top with lots and lots of breadcrumbs, and some rotisserie chicken or sautéed shrimp if you want! So yum!
Shortcut version of the golden crispies / breadcrumbs: Toast the panko in a skillet with a few tablespoons of olive oil until golden brown. Season with dried Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Toss the toasted seasoned panko with crushed store-bought crunchy onions and try not to eat the whole bowl.
Nutrition information does not include golden crispies or any additional protein options suggested, like chicken or shrimp.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian-Inspired
Keywords: spring pasta, vegetable pasta, bucatini recipe