These delicious whole wheat glazed orange muffins are topped with a sugary zest. So easy to make, bright, and fresh for breakfast!
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- juice of 1 or 2 oranges (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- generous 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- orange zest + white sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350. Whisk together the milk, oil, egg, corn syrup, orange juice, and a pinch of zest.
- Mix in the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt until batter is just combined. Pour batter into a greased muffin tin and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until tops spring back when pressed.
- For the glaze, mix the powdered sugar with the orange juice, adding 1 additional teaspoon of orange juice at a time to achieve the desired consistency. For the sugared zest, combine 1 part zest with 2 parts sugar and combine with your fingers until crumbly.
- When muffins are done, cool completely before dipping tops in glaze. Once dipped in glaze, immediately sprinkle with sugared zest.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: whole wheat orange muffins, glazed orange muffins, orange muffins