Wow wow wow! These Gochujang Chicken Burgers are next-level good. And a perfectly sweet-spicy kimchi bacon jam piled high on top? Yes, please!
Gochujang Chicken Burgers:
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons gochujang sauce (I use this one)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- avocado oil or olive oil for frying
Kimchi Bacon Jam:
- 6 slices bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 cups kimchi, cut into small shreddy pieces (my personal preference for texture!)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Cheese (optional – I use gouda cheese)
- Cilantro or greens
- Cucumber slices
- Kimchi Bacon Jam: In a large skillet over medium heat, add the bacon pieces. Fry until golden and crispy and fat has rendered. Drain off some of the oil (optional) and add the kimchi and brown sugar to the pan. Sauté for 3-5 minutes until caramelized and bubbly.
- Chicken Burgers: Mix the chicken, panko, gochujang, garlic powder, and salt until well-combined. Form into 4-5 burger patties.
- Make the Burgers: Transfer burgers to a large skillet. Add a swish of avocado oil and pan-fry until golden on the exterior and 160 degrees on the interior.
- Assemble the Burgers: Toast your buns on the skillet; serve burgers on toasted buns with a layer of kimchi bacon jam, greens of choice, and mayo. So, s0 good.
Nutrition information does not include burger extras.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Burgers
- Method: Pan-Fry
- Cuisine: Korean-Inspired
Keywords: gochujang burgers, kimchi bacon jam, chicken burgers with gochujang