These butterhorns are the ones my Grandma makes for every holiday and special occasion. They’re cute little sweet rolls topped with a vanilla glaze.
- 2 cups flour
- 12 oz. cottage cheese
- 2 sticks butter/margarine
- dash of salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbs. butter/margarine
- 2 tbs. milk
- 1 tsp. almond flavoring
- Beat cottage cheese and butter together. Add in flour and salt. Mix together and refrigerate overnight.
- Divide dough into 4 parts. Roll out each part like pie dough, and cut into 12 pie shaped wedges. Roll big end to little end.
- Bake on greased cookie sheet and 350 for 30 minutes. Cool.
- Mix frosting ingredients together (sugar through almond flavoring) and spread on cooled crescents.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: butterhorns, sweet butterhorns, easy butterhorns