5-Ingredient Green Curry! packed with tons of veggies, an easy green curry sauce, and finished with golden raisins and cilantro.
For the Green Curry:
- 12 ounces firm tofu
- a swish of olive oil + a sprinkle of salt
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 tablespoons green curry paste (I used Thai Kitchen)
- three 14-ounce cans coconut milk
- 3-or-so cups broccoli florets
- a handful of chopped fresh cilantro
- a handful of golden raisins
- just a lil fish sauce (trust me!) and brown sugar to taste
- Tofu: Press the tofu with paper towels to remove water. Cut tofu into cubes. In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the tofu, sprinkle with salt, and pan fry for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- Veggies: Add sweet potatoes, coconut milk, and curry paste to the soup pot. Simmer for 5-10 minutes until potatoes are fork-tender. Add broccoli and tofu. Simmer for 3-5 minutes until broccoli is bright green.
- Finishing it off: I like to add a handful of golden raisins and cilantro (I know, I know, lots of levels of weird going on here) and I pinky promise that a quick swish of fish sauce and a sprinkle of brown sugar will take this over the top.
Serve over steamy white rice! But hopefully that’s obvious.
IF USING MAE PLOY OR MAESRI BRAND CURRY PASTE, USE LESS! I love spicy food, but when we tried it with Mae Ploy I just about burned my mouth off. Start with 1 tablespoon and work up from there. However, Thai Kitchen brand is much milder and 4 tablespoons is the right amount for that one.
Nutrition information is for the green curry only. It does not include rice.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Sauté
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: green curry, vegetarian curry, tofu curry, vegetarian dinner, vegetarian curry recipe