This is such a fun one! Grilled marinated chicken, a quick tomato cucumber salad, tangy bits of feta, and a zippy pepperoncini garlic butter sauce poured over the whole thing.
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1 lb. chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Pepperoncini Butter Sauce:
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup pepperoncini brine
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup pepperoncinis, chopped
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- half a cucumber, chopped
- a quarter of a red onion, minced or thinly sliced
- salt and pepper, olive oil, vinegar
- Pita Bread
- Marinate the Chicken: Place the chicken, spices, and olive oil together in a large bowl or plastic bag. Mix until well-coated; set aside in the fridge while you prep the other elements (30 minutes up to several hours).
- Make the Cucumber Salad: Toss veggies with a small amount of salt, pepper, olive oil, and vinegar. (If you add too much it becomes watery, so use a light hand!)
- Make the Pepperoncini Butter Sauce: Melt the butter (I just do this in the microwave). Stir in the garlic, brine, and pepperoncini pieces. Set aside.
- Grill the Chicken: Using a grill, grill pan, or skillet, cook the chicken until cooked through and golden brown on both sides. If you have a meat thermometer, I highly recommend using it so you don’t overcook the chicken! We’re looking for 160 degrees. Let it rest for a moment, then cut into slices.
- Assemble: If you want to serve it as a family-style meal – layer the hummus on a large platter. Add the cucumber salad in 3-4 little mounds around the outside of the plate. Add the chicken right in the middle and drizzle with the pepperoncini butter sauce. Add feta, chives, and s&p to finish. Scoop onto plates or dip into the whole thing with pita bread. SO good!
The garlic butter will start to congeal as it rests, so I would suggest warming that right before serving (if it’s been sitting out for a while) so it’s nice and silky, and then enjoying the whole thing while the butter and chicken are still warm for best mouthfeel! *texture nerd smile*
Nutrition facts do not include extras.
For tips on how to cook chicken, see our guide here!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: Mediterranean-Inspired
Keywords: pepperoncini chicken, grilled chicken, garlic butter pepperoncini sauce