This Ham and Sausage Hash Brown Egg Bake is a perfect brunch dish and it comes together in a snap with just a few ingredients.
- 4 ounces ground spicy Italian sausage
- 2 cups chopped Smithfield ham
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning of your choice – I used Emeril’s Original Essence
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb. shredded potatoes (I used a package of refrigerated hashbrowns)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- green onions for topping
- Brown the sausage in a small skillet until no longer pink. Add the ham and saute together until warm. Meanwhile, whisk the eggs, milk, seasoning, and garlic powder together.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a small greased baking dish (mine was about 8 inches long by 4 inches wide), arrange the hashbrowns in a layer in the bottom of the pan. Pour 2/3 of the egg mixture over the hashbrowns. Cover with 1/4 cup shredded cheese, the meat mixture, and then the remaining egg mixture. Top with the last 1/4 cup shredded cheese and cover loosely with greased foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the egg mixture is firm and the cheese is melted. You can remove the foil for the last few minutes of baking to get your cheese extra browned and bubbly. Let stand for 5-10 minutes, sprinkle with green onions, and cut or scoop to serve.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: hashbrown egg bake, egg bake, ham egg bake