Harissa Chickpeas with Whipped Feta! Perfectly spicy/saucy/tomato-y chickpeas smothered in creamy, garlicky whipped feta and served with naan, lemons, and cucumbers. Your next weeknight wonder!
- one 4–6 oz. container of feta
- a knob of cream cheese or a spoonful Greek yogurt
- 1 small clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2–3 cloves garlic
- 1–2 tablespoons harissa paste (2 tablespoons would be medium spicy)
- 14-ounce can fire-roasted crushed tomatoes
- two 14-ounce cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- squeeze of lemon juice
- chopped parsley (optional)
- 1/4 cup golden raisins (optional but sweet and yummy)
- pita or naan
- diced cucumber
- lemon wedges
- Make the Whipped Feta: In a small chopper or food processor, pulse the feta, cream cheese, and garlic until mostly smooth and creamy and “whipped.” Add a little water as needed to loosen it up.
- Make the Chickpeas: Add the olive oil to a pan over medium high heat. Add garlic and harissa paste; sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add tomatoes and chickpeas. Mix and simmer for 4-5 minutes. Using a potato masher or similar tool, mash some of the chickpeas so the mixture becomes a little more creamy. Season with lemon juice, salt, and parsley. Stir in the raisins. Add a little bit of water if you need to to keep everything nice and saucy.
- Serve: Serve harissa chickpeas on a plate with all your faves. Top with whipped feta and anything else you like (aka all of it. everything.). IT’S JUST SO GOOD.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Sauté
- Cuisine: Mediterranean-Inspired
Keywords: harissa chickpeas, whipped feta, harissa recipe