These Harissa Meatballs with Whipped Feta are perfect for an easy SOS dinner! Store-bought meatballs, bell peppers, zucchini, harissa, and whipped feta all in one bowl. YUMMY!
Meatballs and Such:
- one 22-ounce bag of store-bought frozen meatballs (or homemade, if you’ve got them / got the time)
- 2 bell peppers (yellow and red), sliced
- 1–2 zucchini, sliced into half moons
- 2 tablespoons harissa paste
- olive oil, garlic powder, lemon juice, salt
- one 6-ounce container feta cheese
- 1–2 ounces cream cheese or sour cream or I’ve used plain yogurt in a pinch
- 1 clove garlic
- olives / lemon wedges
- Sheet Pan, Part One: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place the peppers on one side of a large sheet pan. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt. Mix the harissa with a little bit of olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic powder until you have a nice spreadable red paste. Coat your meatballs with the sauce (you can do this by tossing the meatballs in a bowl with the sauce if they’re pre-cooked, or just brushing the meatballs directly on the sheet pan if your meatballs are raw). Add meatballs to the center of the sheet pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Sheet Pan, Part Two: Add the zucchini to the pan with some olive oil and salt. Roast for another 10 minutes. For extra browning on everything, broil for about 5 minutes.
- Whip That Feta: In a food processor, chopper, or blender, whip up the feta, cream cheese, and garlic until a thick and creamy sauce forms.
- Serve: Serve meatballs and veggies with a dollop of hummus, your whipped feta, pita wedges, and anything else you like (olives, lemon, etc.). And now DEVOUR. And repeat. And repeat. And repeat.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Sheet Pan
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: harissa paste, meatballs, whipped feta