These Harissa Meatballs with Whipped Feta are perfect for an easy SOS dinner! Store-bought meatballs, bell peppers, zucchini, harissa, and whipped feta all in one bowl. YUMMY!
Meatballs and Such:
- one 22-ounce bag of store-bought frozen meatballs (or homemade, if you’ve got them / got the time)
- 2 bell peppers (yellow and red), sliced
- 1–2 zucchini, sliced into half moons
- 2 tablespoons harissa paste
- olive oil, garlic powder, lemon juice, salt
- one 6-ounce container feta cheese
- 1–2 ounces cream cheese or sour cream or I’ve used plain yogurt in a pinch
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup hummus
- 6 pitas
- 1/4 cup olives
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Sheet Pan, Part One: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place the peppers on one side of a large sheet pan. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt. Mix the harissa with a little bit of olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic powder until you have a nice spreadable red paste. Coat your meatballs with the sauce (you can do this by tossing the meatballs in a bowl with the sauce if they’re pre-cooked, or just brushing the meatballs directly on the sheet pan if your meatballs are raw). Add meatballs to the center of the sheet pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Sheet Pan, Part Two: Add the zucchini to the pan with some olive oil and salt. Roast for another 10 minutes. For extra browning on everything, broil for about 5 minutes.
- Whip That Feta: In a food processor, chopper, or blender, whip up the feta, cream cheese, and garlic until a thick and creamy sauce forms.
- Serve: Serve meatballs and veggies with a dollop of hummus, your whipped feta, pita wedges, and anything else you like (olives, lemon, etc.). And now DEVOUR. And repeat. And repeat. And repeat.
The equipment section may contain affiliate links to products we know and love.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Sheet Pan
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: harissa paste, meatballs, whipped feta