This healthy bacon and pumpkin pasta is made with a creamy pumpkin sauce, whole wheat pasta shells, and crumbled bacon. 300 calories per serving.
- 2 cups dry whole grain shells
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 ounce light cream cheese
- 1/4 cup fat free evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup cooked, crumbled bacon
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions or green onions
- Cook pasta according to directions. Drain and return to pan. Reduce heat to low.
- Add pumpkin through salt and pepper and stir until cream cheese is melted and mixture is warmed through.
- Divide between two bowls and top with crumbled bacon and green onions.
I’ve also made this with caramelized onions for a little sweeter, more buttery flavor.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian-Inspired
Keywords: healthy bacon pumpkin pasta, pumpkin pasta, bacon pasta