Garlic Herb Chicken Salad – this healthy chicken salad is CREAMY and CLEAN with no mayo! like a cross between herby bruschetta and chicken salad. Super easy, too!
- 2 cups cooked mixed brown rice and quinoa (I use the pre-cooked Seeds of Change mix)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped (store-bought rotisserie chicken works like a charm)
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
Creamy Basil Dressing:
- 1/2 cup walnuts (can sub almonds)
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup basil
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- juice of two lemons
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Toss the brown rice / quinoa, chicken, and tomatoes together.
- For the dressing, whiz everything together in the food processor until mostly smooth and a little bit creamy. Taste and adjust as necessary.
- Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients – letting it all sit together for 30 minutes helps the flavors become x-tra delicious.
Other add-in possibilities: greens – I like to add a handful of chopped baby spinach just before serving, Mozzarella or Parmesan cheese – I mean, not super healthy, but your secret is safe with me! pepperoncinis for a salty tangy bite, roasted corn, and maybe more seeds or nuts like pepitas, pistachios, or almonds. Possibilities abound! Go wild.
This salad lasts for a few days (like, 3 max) in the fridge once it’s tossed. The tomatoes water the whole thing down a bit, so keep those separate until just before serving if you can.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: garlic herb chicken salad, healthy chicken salad, garlic chicken salad